Exciting News: You’re invited to take part in The Epiphany Online Auction!
Here are dates and instructions for donating -- and buying auction items.
Epiphany’s first online auction this November will provide support for all our ministries, including Mission and Outreach.
A New and Different Auction
We have partnered with Maxsold, an online auction company, which is offering fee-free auctions to nonprofits. That means all the money we raise through the auction will be used to support Epiphany and those in need.
We are asking parishioners for new and gently-used items for the auction. With everyone spending more time at home, this is the ideal time to dig out those "treasures" and unwanted gifts and give them new life.
Drop off your items in the breezeway outside Hadley Hall on the following days/times. Do not leave items at any other time. If these times do not suit, please contact us and we will try to make alternative arrangements. We need your help to make this a success!
Auction Item Drop-off Dates
Wednesday, November 4 between 3:00-5:00pm
Thursday, November 5 between 3:00-5:00pm
Friday, November 6 between 9:00-11:00am
Saturday, November 7 between 9:00-11:00am
Auction Live Dates
The auction will run for seven days from November 11-18. This is an entirely online auction. Viewing and bidding will take place online only. We will publish the link once ‘live’. The last day of bidding is always exciting!
Auction Pick-up Date
Auction winners will pick up items outside Hadley Hall by appointment on Saturday, November 21, our traditional Fair day.
Sample Auction Items:
- Art and high-quality Prints
- Candlesticks and Decorative Pieces
- China & Glass: Sets & Crystal preferred (no chips/cracks)
- Collectibles: for example - Byer’s Choice, Coins (beautifully designed or historically significant), Figurines (with stamp, preferably older/limited edition)
- Electronics (new & in the box only)
- Furniture: Teak, Mid-Century & Modern (must be easily handled by two people, no upholstered pieces unless in mint condition – call Anne Sharp before donating)
- Gift Basket suggestions: Kids Games, Spa Day, Pets, Gardening, Homemade Crafts
- Household appliances & items: Roomba, KitchenAid Mixer, Dorm Fridge, etc. (new & gently used - must work), Lamps, Sets of Cooking/Baking Pans, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Silver Trays and Other Silver Pieces (look for 925 hallmark)
- Sports Memorabilia & Gear: including bikes (must be in safe working order)
- Tools: Garden & DIY (hand and power - must work)
- Toys: Vintage Barbies, American Girl Dolls, Mechanical Toys, Rocking Horse, etc.
List of Items NOT to Donate (this is NOT the rummage sale):
- NO food, alcohol or tobacco products
- NO clothing, shoes, linens
- NO toiletries, personal hygiene items or medical devices
- NO books
- NO media with ‘adult’ content
- NO used/open box electronics (TVs, computers, headphones, Apple products, etc.)
- NO jewelry or designer items without authentication (written appraisal or receipt)
- NO safety gear (for example, helmets) or baby equipment
- NO large pieces of exercise equipment (treadmill, etc.), skis
- NO A/C units, mattresses and box springs, pianos, etc
There will be no ‘reserves’ placed on items donated. Once donated, items cannot be returned. We reserve the right to exclude certain items if not suitable and to donate/discard, as appropriate.
Please contact Anne Sharp at 617.939.4641 if you are unsure if an item is suitable and particularly if considering furniture donations.
If you have questions, please connect with us.
Your Auction Co-Chairs,