Sustainability and Creation Care
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." Corinthians 10:26
Epiphany Sustainability and Creation Care is a group whose mission is to educate and engage parishioners in ways in which they can better care for God’s creation and promote a more sustainable world; both in the church and in their own lives.
This involves raising the understanding and awareness of the actions each of us can take to reduce our carbon footprint. Also reaching out to persuade our local and state leaders to take action to care for the earth.
Epiphany Sustainability and Creation Care focuses on five aspects of sustainability:
1. Education, communication, and activism - Helping parishioners learn what programs exist and what actions they can take to fight climate change in their own lives
2. Speakers and events – Engaging the parish community with leaders in sustainability through participating in church or adult forums and meetings either by Zoom or in person
3. Youth activities - Engaging Epiphany’s youth at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels in awareness and activism
4. Property - Assessing and carrying out what we can do within the church and other properties to reduce our carbon footprint
5. Interfaith/multi-cultural activity - Working with other faith and civic organizations in Winchester and other communities to learn, act and advocate
We hold a monthly meeting via Zoom and communicate with the broader parish community in a monthly email. Contact the parish office if you would like to be added to the link for either of these opportunities.
We have an advisory group to generate ideas, provide insight and direction for overall committee. If you have thoughts, ideas or comments about how Epiphany can better have an impact on fighting climate change, speak with or email any of these parishioners:
We offer this prayer for the work of the church…
our Creator, bless the work of our group to protect the Earth. Be with us as we
plan ways for our parish to be good stewards of creation.